We're moving into February, and like always, it seems that this will be our best summer month. Get out and enjoy it! Some big king tides lately, hit the spot for a couple of recovery swims last week and Coach Kate got out in the park with the Capacity Club on Saturday.
What will you do this week?!
How about the homework we talked about on Friday? Here are a few ideas for things you can practice the heck out of, most of them don't need any major coach input (and thus no worrys about practicing the wrong technique...). This is the sort of stuff you can do EVERY day, and see definite improvements.
- Mobility (of course this one comes first...)
- 20 broomstick shoulder rolls, 20 Overhead squats, 20 Sots Press x 2-3 sets
- Handstand walk practice. Every metre is a new PR!
- L-sits. Come on, you know that you would love to be able to hold this for more than 10 seconds....!
- Pullthrus. If you don't have pullups yet, this will help. Also good timing practice for kips.
- Kipping pullups and Chest 2 Bar. Don't practice EVERY day, keep the reps below 5, to focus on quality and enough rest between sets.
- Double unders..... enough said.
- Strict Toes to Bar. Sure you want kipping, but it's partly because you're not strong enough that you don't have them!
- Skin the cats. Not just skillwork, they'll make you strong, mobile, and confident on the rings.
- Pistols. Lots of progressions available for you to work your way towards the real deal.
Bonus skill. Kettlebell Snatches. Not many can do these well, but they're worth the practice, and they look cool when you can do them right. Men 40kg for 5 each hand? Women 28kg? Let's see who can do it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY TO ROSY MCCALL, GEMMA CARTWRIGHT AND KRISTY TAYLOR PALA!!
3 x 3
50 Double Unders
5 Front Squat @ 70-80% of best 3.
5 x 8-10 reps
5 Sandbag Power Cleans
AMRAP in 8mins