Today we continue our series of profiles on athletes who are training at both our locations.
David (who usually goes by Jack), is a CFNZ OG but often finds himself over at RCF09 due to family living nearby. We're always glad we can provide another oasis to drop in to!
1. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DOING CROSSFIT?
My CrossFit birthday is 28th November 2011.
2. HOW DID YOU FIRST HEAR ABOUT IT?
I first heard about CrossFit from a cousin, googled the nearest box, went along and instantly saw that this was the sh#t.
3. ANY MEMORIES OF YOUR FIRST FEW DAYS YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE?
I remember sitting on the loo made me feel like screaming as my legs hurt so much.....
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CHANGES YOU’VE NOTICED SINCE STARTING CROSSFIT?
I am like a born again CrossFitter, constantly preaching the “crosspel”.
5. FAVOURITE EXERCISE?
My favourite exercise is to master the yoga corpse pose.
6. EXERCISE YOU’D MOST LIKELY FIND A FEEBLE EXCUSE TO AVOID DOING…..?
Dave Malcolm gave some gold advice “you don’t have to do all the warmup”. (Editors note: yes, you do!!)
7. WHAT FOOD WOULD WE ALWAYS FIND IN YOUR FRIDGE?
You will always find eggs, kale, cream, meat, courgette.
8. FAVE TUNES TO WORKOUT TO?
9. DO YOU CONSIDER TIGHTS TO BE WORKOUT WEAR FOR WOMEN ONLY? IF NOT, SHOULD IT BE COMPULSORY FOR GUYS TO ADD COURTESY SHORTS?
I swim in speedos, cycle in cycle shorts and do CrossFit in stretchy basketball shorts – there is no place for yoga pants on guys. Women on the other hand really suit yoga pants...
10. WHO INSPIRES YOU AT CFNZ/09?
I am inspired by the congregation of familiar faces that show-up day after day.
11. SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I studied fashion design /fashion photography and am deadly at drawing.
12. ANY ADVICE FOR PEOPLE THINKING OF TRYING CROSSFIT?
CrossFit is a place where brotherhoods / sisterhoods are forged that transcend all borders. We are the sh#t!
Work up to a heavy
10 Deadball Shoulders
30m Bear Crawl
50 Mountain Climbers
30 Battle Rope Single Arm Whips
10 Cal. Airbike or 20 Heavy Skips
AMRAP in 25mins
Axle Bar Deadlift
Build to a heavy 5
200m Waiters Walk 24/16kg
200m Suitcase Walk 32/20kg
200m Yoke Walk (no weight)
200m Deadball Front Carry 45/25kg
400m Sled Drag 30/20kg
400m Farmers Walk 2 x 24/16kg
AMRAP in 25mins